HOPE AND HEALING IN HARMONY
At Harmony Hill School (HHS), we have career opportunities for every background. From direct care and teaching position to clinical and support positions. If you want to be a part of our team, there is something for YOU!
Now hiring Youth Care Professionals for our newly expanded
Intensive Stabilization, Assessment and Treatment Program (ISAT)
ISAT Assistant Counselors and ISAT Counselors earn a starting rate between $22.00/hour and $25.00/hour.
Plus earn a $2,000.00 Sign-On Bonus
Working in our ISAT units is a challenging but, reward filled experience. The units are semi-secure dormitories for 5-8 male youth ages 13-18. Each unit has a high staff-to-student ratio. The youth that we serve are faced with the toughest of life circumstances and exhibit excesses as well as deficits in their social-emotional development, educational and behavior repertoires.
Other highlights include; 24-hour crisis intervention, special education services, screening and assessment to develop appropriate treatment plans, frequent therapeutic sessions with a licensed professional and rapid evaluation of and promotion of appropriate treatment plans tailored to the youth’s specific needs.
- Our ISAT assistant counselors and ISAT counselors work directly with our youth providing behavior management, accountability, teaching problem solving skills and acting as a mentor.
- Maintain a therapeutic environment by: supervising youth, ensuring and promoting a safe and positive environment effectively caring for, supervising, counseling, and managing crises and emergencies.
- Counselors demonstrate therapeutic treatment techniques, and use crisis intervention techniques effectively, and counseling/teaching e.g., in life skills
- Observe and promptly respond to behavioral issues, adhere to safety standards and encourage healthy living habits, listen and problem solve to provide a safe, secure, and positive environment for each resident
- Enforce daily program schedule, document daily behavior and ensure treatment plans are effectively implemented as directed.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates currently enrolled in a bachelor’s program and/or those with relevant equivalent experience of between 3-to-5 years will receive equal consideration.
- Experience and or training in a human service field/mental health is required.
- Experience working with at-risk youth in an educational or therapeutic setting is preferred. Experience in trauma informed care a plus.
- Good communication, interacting well with others in a team environment, understanding and following rules and directions from supervisor.
- All training is available on site. Must be able to pass our physical intervention –Safety Care training.
- All candidates must clear Rhode Island state as well as federal background checks.
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must have a valid, non-suspended, non-expired driver license and a good driving record.
- All staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of hire
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and work life benefits.
- $2,000.00 Sign-on bonus– Paid at select intervals throughout the youth care worker’s first year of employment.
- Tufts Health Insurance. HHS pays 75% of the cost for full-time employees.
- Delta Dental Insurance.
- Basic Life Insurance at no cost to the employee.
- Tuition reimbursement for relevant course work available after 6-months of employment.
- Generous time off. Earn the equivalent of up to 28 days. More than 5 weeks of time off during your first year.
- Plus 11 paid holidays per year.
- 403 (b) Retirement Savings plan.
- Voluntary benefits including; Aflac Insurance, ID Shield, and Additional Life Insurance.
- Employee Discount program through TicketsatWork©.
- Employee Referral Program. Earn $350 for referring a hired Youth Care Employee.
Join our team today!
All staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of hire
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $21.00 – $25.00 per hour