The Night Awake Counselor provides awake coverage of the residential dorms each night from approximately 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. to assure the security, health, and safety of staff and residents.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Continuously monitor the residential dorms during the night and bring any issues that need action (either immediately or at the end of the duty period) to the attention of the appropriate staff as directed.
- Regularly seek consultation from appropriate supervisory staff, provide detailed information regarding significant issues affecting youth in care, and accept and implement feedback.
- Follow all policies and procedures in regard to working with youth, i.e. reports, physical restraints, behavioral management techniques, etc.
- Attend youth care meetings and training as requested.
- Follow all established emergency procedures as documented in policy and procedure.
- Record data and complete all necessary routine paperwork as required.
- Any and all other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to interact well with others in a team environment, understanding and following rules and directions from the supervisor.
- Experience in the mental health field and/or experience with youth with substance abuse desired.
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism and to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Must be able to work under stress and work without causing danger or disruption to others.
- Must be able to maintain satisfactory attendance and be punctual.
- Must be able to pass our physical intervention –Safety Care training.
- All candidates must clear Rhode Island state as well as federal background checks.
- Must have a valid, non-suspended, non-expired driver license and good driving record.
Harmony Hill School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.